Monday, December 7, 2009

Because a Woman's Place is In the Kitchen

Oh, that got your attention, didn't it?

I'm starting a food blog because I want a place to post the magic wonders that come from Kitchen Staduim, aka my kitchen, and I want to keep it seperate from She's So Melicious. Because lawd knows food has no place being in the same vicinity as fashion.

I'm not a huge lover of cooking from recipes. Sure, on occasion I use them for inspiration, but I'm not a Julie & Julia kind of girl. I just kind of get in there and get 'er done. Robert Rodriguez once said 'not knowing how to cook is like not knowing how to fuck' and I fully agree with that. Sure, books are great for ideas and inspiration [oh my god! I wouldn't have thought of using a parsnip that way (don't know if I'm talking food or sex, do you?)] , but I think it's mostly instinct. As such, I probably won't be posting recipes in the tradition format of cooking time/temperature/ingredients list, but something a little less formal. We'll just truck along and see how it goes.

If I've made you something you particularly like and would like me to try to remember how the heck I made it, please leave a comment and I'll do my dangdest to accommodate.

Yours in experimentation (again, food or sex?),

~ m

No comments:

Post a Comment